A look at things that happened over the last week:
- A treat to remember : Celebrations for the launch of the Online Notice Board ( http://ignition/onboard ), a notice board for BITSians, by a BITSian. One of the best treats I have been to in recent times. The most interesting part of it all was when Rungtaji (Ajay Rungta) introduced everyone present to the rest. Those present will not forget ‘seniors/juniors’ on paper.
- Deadline of Google Summer of Code Appilcation : One of my leaps into the unkown! For the first time in my life, I was speaking to unknown, but highly eminent coders (WordPress devs) on IRC, bugging and troubling them, asking for help. I also got to make a few friends in the post application period, when I spent some time idling on the ##gsoc-india channel. The entire experience of GSoC has been highly exhilerating. Do check out the stats for this time’s GSoC applications at the Google Open Source Blog. Whether I get selected or not, I have surely learnt a lot from the whole experience. Hope to continue work on the proposal even if selection does not happen.
- To kick-off the work on WordPress, I have been reading up the Codex, understanding the way this blog works. It is quite interesting, and a very steep learning curve. I am also trying to follow bugs on the bug tracker, Trac, but most things are OHT! Hope to be able to understand more of it soon!
- Lawrence Kutner, House MD, is no more! It was one of the best episodes from the series. Sadly, Wikipedia spoiled the suspense, while I was reading the page on Kal Penn.
- There has been a spate of holidays recently. It’s the calm before the storm of the remaining Test 2s and the Comprehensive Exams in May.
- It’s been raining in Pilani. Very wierd weather, given the fact that it is April, and that we live in a desert. We should be expecting soaring temperatures, when we are enjoying a pleasent breeze.
- BITS Pilani, Goa Campus had the ‘Maggi Revolution’. Details can be revealed on chat only. Buzz me or any BITSian for more information!
- Eagerly waiting for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope. Got an alternate beta iso of Ubuntu. It’s asked me whether I wanted to get the latest packages from the net, while upgrading to Jaunty, and the current download status shows about 5 days remaning, with speeds close to 1 kbps! The great BITSian net never lets us down…
Waiting with bated breath for the GSoC results (20th April). Trying to study hard for the 3 remaining tests, before compres begin. Wish me luck!