Stuff that I have been reading this past month.
Things I should have known when I was 22, about two years ago. I had these questions too, I should have just asked:
An interesting series on job motivation, talent, organizations and their interplay:
- How to Keep your Best Programmers?
- How Developers Stop Learning: Rise of the Expert Beginner
- How Software Groups rot: Legacy of the Expert Beginner
- How Stagnation is Justified: Language of the Expert Beginner
- Up or Not: Ambition of the Expert Beginner
- Self-Correcting Organizations: Fall of the Expert Beginner
Normally, I would have put all of this together into a nice Readlist, but the author has published it as an e-book. It is just a dollar, so go ahead and buy it. :smile:
One of the most amazing things to be recently uploaded to the internet: http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu